CRISPY CAJUN BAKED OYSTERS WITH SWEET AND SPICY DIPPING SAUCE

thanks to fowl of the sea for sponsoring this publish. i was supplied with product for the cause of this publish, as well as repayment for my time. As constantly, all opinions are my personal.

There are positive meals that humans either have a tendency to love or hate. For the most component I don’t certainly have many food aversions. My largest one is uncooked onions, simply gag me! a number of the top love/hate ingredients consist of; cilantro (I’m maximum certainly group love), briny foods which include olives or pickles, bananas, black licorice, blue cheese and oysters to call a few.


permit’s focus on oysters, on account that these days I’m sharing a recipe for Crispy Cajun Baked Oysters with sweet and spicy Dipping Sauce. the first time I attempted oysters changed into at some stage in a blogger retreat in Florida. I’m no longer gonna lie, i was scared to loss of life that I’d take one chew and ought to spit the entirety returned out. a good deal to my marvel I didn’t spit it out and actually simply enjoyed it and ended up eating numerous more. these oysters had been baked, which i have a sense is why I appreciated them. if they have been uncooked I’m not positive I should have stomached the feel. Texture is big when it comes to how we understand sure foods.

whilst fowl of the ocean approached me about growing a recipe using their whole oysters i used to be a bit intimidated. Oysters are some thing I’d by no means worked with and i wasn’t quite positive the great way to present them in an attractive manner to each oyster fans and people who is probably afraid to attempt them. After wondering again to those baked oyster in Florida, I determined that a crispy coating and a flavorful dipping sauce have been the appropriate way to introduce oysters to people who have been new to them.


INGREDIENTS:
OYSTERS

  • 2 (8 ounce) cans Chicken of the Sea Whole Oysters, drained and patted dry with paper towels
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 3/4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • Several dashes of hot sauce
  • 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs

DIPPING SAUCE

  • 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon low fat mayonnaise, full fat may also be used
  • 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
  • 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
  • Hot sauce to taste

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. Preheat oven to four hundred° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil.
  2. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning. In some other bowl whisk collectively the egg, milk and warm sauce. In a 3rd bowl integrate the panko and remaining three/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning.
  3. Coat the oysters with the flour combination, then dip within the egg mixture, and coat with panko combination. vicinity at the organized baking sheet and spray or drizzle the tops with oil.
  4. Bake at four hundred° for 15 mins or until golden brown. meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dipping sauce. taste for seasoning. Serve the oysters with the dipping sauce right away.

Featured Post

CILANTRO LIME COLESLAW

Cilantro Lime Coleslaw – deliciously light and fresh, this twist to your conventional coleslaw is actually perfect for tacos, barbecues or ...

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel